For most of us, gambling is just a bit of fun that we can enjoy any time, but a small percentage of players might be underage or might have let gambling become the main focus in their life. Even though Totebet does not directly offer any gambling services we still suggest read this page carefully.
If you are worried that under-18s may use your computer to access gambling websites or applications, try any of the following steps:
- Use child protection software, such as Cyberpatrol, to block gaming sites from under-18s
- Don't leave the computer unattended when you are logged in
- Don't share your credit card or bank account details with under-18s
- Create separate profiles for everyone who uses your computer, so that nobody else can access your information
People who may need to control their gambling
Most people gamble within their means, but for some it can spiral out of control. When playing the games, keep in mind the following:
- Gambling should be seen as just for fun, not a way of earning money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of how much time and money you spend gambling
- If you need help, use the deposit limits and time limits in the player protection page to control the amount you can spend
GamCare is the national association dedicated to addressing the social impact of gambling. GamCare develops policies and practices that target problem gambling in accordance with their Social Responsibility Code of Conduct.
Do you need to control your gambling?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work or education due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Do you gamble to pay debts or solve financial difficulties?
- After a loss, do you feel you need to gamble again to try and make up what you've lost?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to try and win more?
- Do you ever gamble until all your money has gone?
- Have you ever lied, borrowed, sold or stolen anything to finance gambling?
- Do you prefer to gamble than spend time with your family or friends?
- Are you reluctant to use 'gambling money' for normal expenditures?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble or boredom?
- Does gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations give you the urge to gamble?
- Do you ever feel depressed or consider harming yourself as a result of your gambling?
People with a compulsive gambling problem are likely to answer 'yes' to some of these questions. If you need more help, get in touch with one of the following organisations:
Deposit limits are easy to set and help you control the amount you put into your account over a particular period. Deposit limits can usually be set up easily by emailing customer support or by filling in the relevent form in your account settings.
Most web sites can be self exlcuded from by simply emailing the customer support or by filling in the relevent forms in your account settings.